The kids and I went swimming today, so before the summer is over I wanted to share what, to me, is the best swim suit. The most important quality in a swimsuit is comfort. And that doesn’t just mean a suit that doesn’t pull or pinch in odd places, it’s really about total holistic comfort. For most women, that’s pretty hard to come by.
For me though, that comfort is achieved when I wear a tank with a swimskirt.
1. I don’t feel embarrassed wearing this around anyone. And by anyone I mean my dad, father-in-law, another mom friend, or neighbors. (We have an association pool.)
2. No one at any time will be staring at my butt crack. Yay!
3. No special-effort lady grooming is required. Yay!
4. Whatever tan I’ve happened to get while wearing shorts, blends fine with a swim skirt. Without it and I’d have a highlighted white booty that blends into sort-of tanned legs. Or a very highlighted white stomach. Either that or I’d have to deal with special-effort tanning and that’s too much work and I’m not really into that anyways.
5. Because of #1-4 I can enjoy swimming without worry or preparation.
6. I don’t look like a “hottie” but nevertheless people do like this suit. I’ve gotten several compliments on it and my other one.
7. I really don’t know that my swimsuit preference is the reason for this, but my daughter prefers one piece suits and does not want her tummy exposed. Not only has she never begged me for a bikini (a friend this summer said that her daughter, also 7, was begging for one) it just really isn’t on her radar to want one. In fact, what she really wants, is a swim skirt!
8. I think other women appreciate modest swimsuits especially when their husband is also at the pool. Reassuring beauty at work, no? = Less competitive vibe among women.
I hope you were able to find a comfortable suit this summer. If not, perhaps next year try the tank/skirt combo and see how you feel.
Have a wonderful day!