Today I’m linking up with Conversion Diary’s 7 Quick Takes. Jennifer Fulwiler has so many great posts on this site.
It has been a full three weeks of skirt wearing so I thought it apropos to do Seven Observations Since I Started Wearing Skirts:
1. I am wearing more patterns and even earrings sometimes. (Ack! Girl overload! he he)
2. I am wearing more color. Or maybe it’s just color in different places?
3. I am taking better care of my clothing. (If you’ve noticed, I’ve had some stain issues.) Therefore,
3a. I’m ironing more.
3b. I’m preventing stains by wearing my apron during the day.
3c. I’m actually stain-treating my clothes immediately rather than just not paying attention and letting it set.
3d. I’m separating laundry again.
3e. I’m doing a hand wash if the garment indicates.
3f. Now lest you think my life has become nothing but pure laundry drudgery there is one proviso: If the item isn’t dirty I hang it back up. There is no need to just absentmindedly throw something in the laundry basket that doesn’t need washing. And if I’m wearing an apron for most of the day or only wearing a certain shirt for the three hours I’m teaching class, many times I can hang clothes back up.
4. I’m learning how to properly cross my legs. Note: It’s actually much better to either cross at the ankles or sit with legs together and even slightly turned to the side, or knees together with ankles out. If someone is sitting right across from you, crossing at the knees can give a good view if you’re in a mid-length skirt. (Jason’s the one who pointed this out. I was sitting across from him and he raised his eyebrows and motioned toward me. I had no idea he, or anyone else, could see anything!) This has taken some getting used to.
5. I am NOT spending more money. It is true that we tend to wear 20% of our clothing 80% of the time. Well now I’m busting out the other 80% that I’ve always let just hang there for most of the year. Also, the skirts in my local thrift store have been in really good condition, probably because people don’t really wear their skirts! If you’re between a size 4-16 this is a good option to try.
6. I have more energy. I don’t know if it is because I’m getting dressed right away or if it is because I’m having to put more thought into what I wear in the morning, but whatever it is it’s giving me more energy during the day. (Read- my house is staying kept up!)
7. I definitely feel more lady-like! (Which once in awhile makes me uncomfortable because I’m so darn used to being just another jeans person. But I think this is a good thing overall, so I’m trying to move past it. :P)
Here’s my outfit for today. Today was a park playdate day and it was really hot outside! I’ve begun brainstorming for how I’m going to manage skirt-wearing once it starts getting into the rainy season.
Enjoy your skirts and have a wonderful day!
P.S. And thank you to all the LMLD ladies for visiting me yesterday! It made my day.